Riviera UMC participates in many ministers as we seek to live out God's command to love others. We also believe that God especially calls us to love those in need: the poor, sick, imprisoned, and those who are alone. Below are some of the ministries that the people at Riviera participate in with a brief description and links to more information. Please contact the church office if you are interested in joining us and we will get you in contact with the leader of each of these missions.
- Cuba - Riviera supports a church in Cuba where we help pay the salary for a pastor and staff. We also pray for each other and have a team that visits Cuba once a year.
- Ronald McDonald House - A team cooks and serves a meal to families who have a child in the hospital on the first Wednesday of every other month (even numbered months).
- Doug Brown - A team cooks and serves a meal to the homeless on the first Wednesday of every other month (odd numbered months).
- Pack-a-Sack - This ministry provides food over the weekend for children on free school lunch who might otherwise go hungry. Riviera's team packs 30 bags of groceries every week for students at Northshore Elementary.
- Wesley Food Pantry - We have ongoing collections for canned food and other imperishables which are donated to Wesley UMC's food pantry. Some of our small groups also volunteer there helping with various needs at the food bank and thrift store.
- Foster Family Ministry - Each Christmas season we collect gifts for foster children in Pinellas County. Foster orientation events are also available at Riviera UMC.
- Al-Anon - Riviera has two groups that meet each week to offer to support to those whose family members are caught in addiction. Wednesday night at 7:30pm is a women's only group, and Friday night at 8:00pm is a mixed group.